July 07, 2008

Farewell Orissa!

In three hours, I shall leave Bhubaneswar. I'm waiting to see the Bombay coastline, eat pav bhaji, sabudana khichdi and batata vada (not alu chop!), but I'll miss Orissa. My bicycle rides around Bhubaneswar constituted some of the most exhilarating and euphoric moments of my life.

The day (and moment) the BMM results were declared will remain etched in my heart forever. I was on a cycle, struggling to balance a whole bag of vegetables, trying to buy paneer while protecting myself from the rain. In the midst of this confusion, I received an SMS with my result. As I cycled towards the sweet shop, past BDA Chhak, I could only think of one thing - balancing a load of bhaji while your results are declared is not the best way to do things, but it sure is the funniest. To celebrate, I started singing at the top of my voice in English. And ate a whole lot of chhena poda!

Yesterday's trip to Dhauli was also fabulous. The paddy fields flanking NH - 203 make it a wonderful cycling trail. More on it when I'm back home...

2 comments:

AKSHAY BHAT said...

congrats for becoming bachelor of mass media!!!

Ranjana Dave said...

hehe thank u!