April 02, 2008

Nightscape

1.51 AM
It's time to get a big cuddly teddy bear. Thinking of which, I'd quite like a dog. I've never had a pet at home, but I always got on well with them. Absolutely adorable, and loyal, unlike most human beings. It feels selfish to acknowledge how narcissistic we are. But I guess most of us 'like' or 'dislike' based on our needs.

1.55 AM
When one gets so emotionally involved with a place, every betrayal seems personal. The brain understands the heart's folly but this understanding cannot be simultaneously reciprocated. It is appalling to see how people USE institutions to fulfil certain needs and then plunge these places into self-destruction and disuse and finally discard them as white elephants of a past that is now unsustainable. That cannot be condoned as being human. It's being greedy and selfish beyond all conceivable limits. If you cannot give anything to an institution, why be a parasite?

2.05 AM
Unfortunately, it is time to return to my nocturnal reality and forget about the bigger picture for a while. If I can't return to studying, I should sleep. Good Night. On second thoughts, I'll give it a try.

No comments: