January 28, 2006

Project Progress - Ajanta called yesterday !

Yes, I finally managed a decent four pages on Ajanta, including a good-looking cover page adorned by my tribhanga guy, Avalokiteshwara from Cave 1. Going into the nuances of architecture = not my cup of tea, and I don't care two hoots about whether arches should be square-rimmed or round-rimmed, but when it comes to beautiful dancing sculptures, I can come alive (though I'd rather concentrate on the aesthetic part of it and not on whether it is made of granite or limestone !)


I wrote from the heart, about how I loved the place and why, about the restoration work going on there, which was very disheartening indeed. Bottles of the kind used for saline and glucose in hospitals were hooked up and needled into stone crevices which needed their chemical treasures. Vandalism is rampant there and people don't hestitate to deface a work of art by carving out the stories of their love lives on it. Though it is a world heritage monument accredited by the UNESCO, we Indians don't really seem interested in appreciating its treasures and preserving it.


Anyway, the teacher was somewhat overawed when I presented her with a four page missive ensconced in a folder and all. And considering my title loomed over her, well, I'm in love with the word 'enigma' too, and I titled my assignment 'Enigmajesty - Enigma Ajanta.' She felt I didn't really need to slog my ass off for one credit. Anyway, hope she feels its worth two credits and atleast gives me a high grade, if not two credits altogether ( haha, Wammy will kill her if she tries to, poor thing :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi how r u:)

Anonymous said...

its extremely weird how u blossom into such a talented woman when hiding behind the comfortable anonymity of a blog...

In person u remain an extremely uninteresting person. My sincere advice - get a makeover, get some clothes from this century... and lose the oiled hair...

and let the real u come to the forefront. i'm sure with ur talent u wud then finally become popular~!!!

Ranjana said...

Hmm, I'm fine, and amused.

I'm still trying to figure out who u r and whether u actually know me.

Extremely uninteresting, sorry, I can't help it if you choose to be allergic to all things Indian in ur real avatar. Btw, I don't oil my hair, if I do it, thts very rarely, when I can't manage it.

Clothes - I don't give a damn about all that. I'm very comfortable in what I wear, so it stays that way. Yes, even the sneakers with salwar-kameez. I guess I may even turn up in a nightgown if i feel like it.

And I'm not craving popularity, for Godssake I'm not ! I'm used to being called crazy and suchlike and I really don't care whether people call me talented or not. There are a few ppl in the world whose approval and support matters to me, and I do have that, and as long as I have that, I'm not bothered about what others have to say about me and think about me.

Anyway, thats what I'm like and u better accept me as I am :)

Anonymous said...

spoken like someone who actually cares what other people think of you...

come on don't be so drab.. you'll never be respected or taken seriously... Can u imagine anyone wanting to employ someone hwo dressses like you do?? You'd be horrible for anybody's image...

And i think u have too much talent to let it waste like that

Ranjana said...

Well, ur entitled to ur opinion.

And as I said, after reading endless posts on how my shirts should be very much LONGER, and how people wud like to do sumthng for my hair as an NGO assignment, u think I care ?

And as for employment, I didn't get into Wizcraft jlt. I know my dress sense is not all that BAD, and I don't need ur seal of approval on it, dear anon.

Ranjana said...

Btw, if u hv the guts, why dont u reveal ur identity ? :)

Anonymous said...

u suck

Ranjana said...

Oh, do I? thnx, ur the nth person to temme that :)

If I suck bcoz im way too bahenji for u, too bad. But I'm not one to change the way I am to conform to the 'norms' of COOL society

Ranjana said...

Btw, dear Anon, u suck BIGTIME too bcoz 1) ur just too shit scared to face me and tell me all this which u so comfortably do when ur anonymous, yes ur a COWARD :)

2) ur just too concerned about what the world thinks of u, u are a very insecure person who is desperately trying to fall in line. Pls remember U r U and not someone else, and u can be the way u want and still live life happily.

Anonymous said...

listen what the hell is goin on......am th real ANON only one who reads your blog....now where this other anon comes ....listen owner of the blog never give damn about what u wear just care about what u doin and what u wanna do thats all matters

Ranjana said...

Hi ANON 1,

Only one who reads this :) well ur still wrong on that count.

Anonymous said...

..

Anonymous said...

hey whats up
anon1:)...abhi aise likhna padhega

Ranjana said...

Hey anon 1 :) hanh aise hi likhna padega kyonki tumhe anon jo rehna hai LOL

Nm is up. NOSTALGIA is getting us sappy. And life is very hectic.