January 08, 2006

My college projects....

Here is a lowdown on what I need to do in the next one week.


WARNING: ALL MY DEAR TEACHERS WHO HAPPEN TO READ THIS AND ALL THE OTHER ER.....ER.....POSTS, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT I LOVE YOU A LOTTTTT, WHICH IS WHY I SHALL BUG YOU EVEN TEN YEARS AFTER I GRADUATE FROM XAVIERS, BELIEVE ME, I MAY FEEL I HATE YOU LIKE CRAZY NOW, BUT I DON'T REALLY, IT'S JUST THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY THINGS TO DO AND TOO LITTLE TIME, AND I'M JUST A LITTLE FLUSTERED AND NEED TO LET OFF STEAM AND THIS IS MY WAY OF DOING IT. SO PLEASE TAKE THIS ATTEMPT OF MINE IN GOOD TASTE WITH A BIG LAUGH.
PS: SINCE I'M A BMM STUDENT, YOU CAN ALWAYS CALL THIS CREATIVE/ARTISTIC LICENSE, AFTER ALL, THIS IS NO ASSASSINATION OF CHARACTER !!!


Group projects on:

1) Exploitation of Dalits ( why is it always exploitation, why can't we highlight their art and their colourful music and dance, instead of always talking about how marginalised they are)

2) Newspapers ( courtesy a real-life Ms. Trelawney who is desperately trying to teach us CRITICAL THINKING, the closest she'll ever get to that is making us think is whether attending her lectures was a sensible decision, while lying in the ICU)

3) The Last general elections ( I thought we had seen the last of that one.......from a teacher with a branded Ph.D from the University of Rock-ester who is probably very nostalgic about our country, which is why she is trying to get juice out of a very dry topic like this)

4) Obsessive-compulsive disorder ( Now that was something we chose ourselves, and somehow, we obsessively started work on it almost 45 days before it's due to be presented :) )

5) Enacting a play [Thanks to a second-year chick who ran away with the play we needed, a lovely job by Girish Karnad, titled Naga-Mandala, we are reduced to doing a Ruskin Bond bore-logue, ( no offence meant Ipsita :) ), but old Rusky is a wee bit boring and I admire how can he stretch one line into a sttttttttttorrrrrryyyyyyyyy]

Individual assignments: (Trust me I'm enjoying these but it's just that they are at the wrong time in the right place)

1) Natyasastra as a text ( Really amazing topic, wish I could lug around Manmohan Ghosh's fat translation all the way to college and back more often, this one is soooooo big, I don't know what to write about. It's like letting a butterfly loose in a flower-filled garden)

2) Write on any gharana of music (That is fun, and you can spend hours on ITC-SRA listening to music from different gharanas, but when you have to submit a project in one week and when you know your teacher is not going to give you marks because you listened to a particular Brindavani-Sarang 25 times in succession, you know what it is like...........)

3) Ajanta caves ( Well, visiting the caves was fun and there were lots of things I'd love to write about, but when there are SO MANY OTHER ASSIGNMENTS TO DO, GOD HELP ME !!!! )

4) Work at an NGO [ I found it very amusing when a particular girl who has no hair to speak of offered to give my hairstyle ( what she felt was ) a much-needed makeover as her NGO service ]

Any help out there, fellow bloggers ???

No comments: